Is Portland really still weird? Yep. And we have the proof.
One of Portland’s claims to fame is that it’s weird.
You’ll find weird Portland things to do and see in every Portland guidebook.
You’ll certainly find more weirdness if you’re a local.
Sure, there are some people grumbling about how it really isn’t weird anymore. But we beg to differ.
So for those who have been asking the questions, “Is Portland Still Weird” or “What Makes Portland Weird” or “Has Portland Lost Its Weirdness,” we’ve got answers.
We’ve put together a compendium of Portland weirdness just to prove our point (with help from Weird Portland United, of course). Some of Portland’s weirdness has fallen by the wayside (click on through to read the histories of those), but for the most part, our list is chock full of the weirdness that continues to make Portland weird today.
But until then, have a look.
A Compendium of Portland Weirdness
- 🎩 the Portland Hat Museum
- 🚴 Our Very Naked Bike Ride
- 🎤 Moshow the Cat Rapper
- The 💡Lightbulb Store
- Weird Portland Remote Control 🎄Holiday Lights
- ⏰The Human Clock and 📺Problematic TV
- The Old 🗝️Portland Underground
- 👽 A peculiar Peculiarium
- The Grotto Sanctuary🕯️
- Portland’s Elk 🦌 Statue
- A Retired Boeing 747 ✈️House
- 🐦 Chapman’s Swooping Swifts
- 🕳️ The Woodstock Mystery Hole
- The Portlandia Mermaid 🧜♀️Parade
- 🍩 The Simpsons and Stumptown
- A Weird Portland Meme 🤦
- 😜 Portland’s Party Animal Puppets
- 😆 A Weird, Long Short Story
- Our Very Own 👽Sleestak
- 🦄The Unicorn Queen
- The White-Suited Gentleman with a Trumpet 🎺 , Mickey Mouse Hat, A Rainbow Ball, and a Shopping cart Filled with Stuffed Animals
- The City of Roses “Be Weird” 🤗 Art Project
- Portland’s 🌳”Tree” Artist
- The Ringmaster of the Sidewalk 🤹Circus
- Dillon our Big Dill🥒
- 🌈 The Strawberry Pickle
- Carlos the 🛼 Rollerblader
- ✂️ One of Portland’s Weirdest Designers
Join us in the Portland Weird Sharefest – if you have something to share, send us an email!